Friday, 25 November 2011

easy does it.

Slow going, around here.


I took an all-too-short trip to the place of my birth to bury my Grandmother high up on a hill with a view to the sea.


Since I've been back my homebody instincts have kicked in with full force, and I find myself in most of my spare hours curled up on the couch, embracing lethargy and a bit of a dark turn of mind... (thanks, Gillian Welch).


However, there is knitting, so at least my slothdom is still productive.




I joined the Madelinetosh Sweater Club this year - boy is it expensive, but when a huge bag of soft smoothy cashmere blend yarn comes through the mailbox, it really doesn't seem to matter that I'm scraping together the monthly payments!


Knit:Geek


I've just cast on for a Tinder - like most contemporary knitters I have a fan girl crush on Jared Flood - oh, the man who knits! If only real boys understood the appeal - they'd be fighting girls off with a stick!




Anyway - a few links to follow to keep you entertained:


Listening:


Gilian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest


Jordie Lane - Blood Thinner


Reading:


When You Are Engulfed in Flames - David Sedaris


I've also got some stuff going on at Pinterest, if that's your kind of thing.....



Have a great weekend, sweet peas. xxx

5 comments:

Nanette said...

I saw Jordie Lane as a support act recently and he was fantastic! Bought that album he made in the hotel room just outside Hollywood. Also in love with that Gillian Welch album. xx
so loving seeing wee snippets of your life over at Instagram.

Veronica Darling said...

Oh sad news about your Grandmother passing.

You're in good company it seems with Jordie Lane & David Sedaris though. xo

Julia said...

so sorry about your grandmother, leah.

also, why oh why did you have to tell me about the sweater club? must initiate amnesia immediately. but i'm sure you'll make some lovely pieces with all that yarn. oh yes.

thismummaslife said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I recently used your pincushion tutorial. I am learning to sew and I found it really easy to follow and a good beginner project. I also linked to it in my blog, but discovered this new blog of your today. :)

Julia said...

I love the last photo. It is so romantic and the sweater is beautiful.