Wednesday, 29 August 2007

On the History of the Hyena....

Thanks so much everyone, for following me to my new home and posting such wonderful comments on the new name...

For those of you curious as the where the name comes from, it was originally an insult thrown at Mary Wollstonecraft, after her book, A Vindication of The Rights Of Woman was published in 1792.
I love the imagery that quote brings up in my mind, especially for the time; the 18th century was a hard time to be a woman, let alone a feminist and forward thinker, like Mary was. Just to top it off, she also gave birth to Mary Shelley, author of Frankenstein.

And just to treat you all for making the effort to come over here and hang out in my new house, I'm going to post the Quilt Tutorial right away.

Enjoy!

xxx

ps: for those of you who asked: I will be updating my blogroll soon, I just haven't got around to doing it yet....it'll be back soon!

1 comment:

Gigibird said...

I'm glad you told us - fasinating.