Friday, 31 August 2007

Blog Crush...

I don't know what it its, but since I changed my name, and made the big move over to this new blog, my luck has been stupidly good.
Today, the luck just kept on coming....
My giraffe print dress:

Wardrobe Remix

Was chosen as a Wardrobe Remixer 'O The Week , over on Tricia's Blog!

Now lets take a moment to talk about Tricia. I've been reading her blog for ages, it was one of the first blogs I came across, and I've loved it (and her) ever since.



Tricia has the most amazing sense of style and colour, she puts together outfits that defy conventionality, plus she's a talented seamstress, fashion designer, knitter, and thrift shopper.

Don't believe me? Check out her Flickr page for proof!

As founder of Wardrobe Remix, she has tapped into a niche in the fashion commentary market: the fact that women everywhere (and men too!) think about fashion in a different way to what you read in magazines. That there are people out there who look and dress fabulously, entirely from the Op Shop, or in clothes that they have made or refashioned, or by putting together things in a way that defies the social norm, embraces individuality, and bites it's thumb at mass produced, homogenous fashion dictatorships.

What more could you want?

So thanks Tricia, this Blog Crush is for you!

xxx

*Please note that the above photo of Tricia is taken from her Flickr photosteam, and all rights belong to her, of course!

5 comments:

tricia of bitsandbobbins.com said...

that is one of the sweetest things someone's said about me in a while. thank you! you're a doll. :)

katie said...

I adore the dress, and your braids. I might just be crushy on Tricia, too! =^.^=

Kimberlee + Lies said...

just checked out tricia's photo stream on flikr. far out pad in san fran. !!!! you should check it out if you haven't already.

yeah, glad your blog is going well. tis always a pleasure to read!

-kimberlee

VictoriaE said...

Your Wadrobe Remix photo is brilliant, it looks so good - congrats. Well done on the new blog name, I like that you turned a sort of negative into a big positive.

Tonya said...

great photo. love that kitchen.